In the last 52 hours I’ve….
- Walked past Buckingham Palace, down St James’ Park, Big Ben, Scotland Yard and Parliament, back to the hotel for the evening.
- Walked to Harrods, got goods in the arcade and Padding Books for the kid
- Then walked to the Victoria & Albert, spent time in a whole floor of silver, jewelry and other artifacts…left there and walked
- To Piccadilly, which I found so very tourist that we only went to Hamley’s to get a Paddington Bear to go with the books (for the kid)…and walked back to…
- Our Hotel. Then met up with some co-workers for a drink. Then slept. Hard!
- Today we took a long quiet morning, cabbed it to our lunch at River Café – fun to see the neighborhoods via taxi…
- Afterwards we walked to the tube, and scooted over to the Tate Modern, toured that whole thing. Walked…..
- Down Thames walkway, past the London Eye (more tourist craziness), across Westminster Bridge, past Westminster, down around neighborhoods and back to our hotel
That was just over 2 days and guess-timating 15 miles? At least Norman thinks so. My tight calves and aching feet seem to agree.
It’s been a great time in London. A good first visit. I often forget what a “real” city is like after living in Seattle for so long (no offense Seattle, I love my home neighborhood!) I am looking forward to a more relaxed week in Italy with friends, food, wine, bread, wine, food, maybe some exercise, more wine….
Here’s Happy Jen at the River Café for lunch today, don’t I look relaxed?