A has reentered the ask-a-question-about-everything-and-drive-mom-nuts phase. Here are a few of my favorite from the last few days…
- (in reference to why people have names) … who invented letters to make up names?
- (see previous) … why is Olivia such a popular name?
- When are you having book club at our house again? I want to be with those women.
kid – book club is mommy’s secret place with “peace & quiet” juice and you aren’t invited
- (in reference to me not going to shul with her and daddy) … Mommy, why don’t you believe in anything?
Know where I went with this? Gay marriage. Yep, explained the concept of the Catholic Church being anti-gay/anti-gay marriage in 5 yr-old terms. She found this totally rational and acceptable. So there!
- Why did the kid poop in the pool? Why can’t I swim in that pool? Will they ever open the pool again? Because I don’t like the other pool, it’s too deep
kid – you are in lessons to deal with deep pools!
- Why do I have to take a short shower? I want a long shower (whine whine whine)
To her, a long shower is 20 minutes – she used less water taking a bath
- (in reference to me not getting her something at Target) … Why can’t I buy anything today?
because you spent all your money last week at the Hello Kitty store
I know, but now it’s today and I want to buy something, I need money now!
Join the club kid.
- When Papa John is here, can I… (fill in the blank with any possible action she wants to trick my father into)
- When is quiet time over? Is quiet time over yet? Can I come downstairs?
Now…where is my “peace & quiet” juice…